External DVD support?

Home Forums Help and Support External DVD support?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    brillo
    Participant

Hey guys, been playing around with my wii for a while now and can easilly get games running from my external dvd drive when hooked up to my wii – softmod only (homebrew channel etc etc). The question i had and have been having problems with is does wiimc support an external dvd drive as the menu’s don;t seem to work in it.

I can get the player to open the raw dvd files whether stored on a hard drive or reading directly from an official dvd, however they do not read properly – menu’s are non functional and titles out of sync etc etc. I’m not too bothered as I’ve got everything networked but would be damned convenient if i could simply slip a dvd in and play like the wii drive was in use. Evene being able to read raw dvd format from a hard drive would be good but seems it aint working like that just now?

hopefully I’ve made myself understood and not rambled too much. Basically my dvd drive acts like a USB storage device and will play the dvd files on any dvd but its hella buggy that way lol. I guess I’m asking if I’m wasting my time trying?

Any help is most appreciated.

EDIT: and yes i know some wii’s play dvd’s using their own built in drive – mine is too new I’m afraid and has the newer style non dvd-playable drive – u suck nintendo lol.

nala310
    Participant

external USB drives are read in a filesystem browser type format and wiimc for now does not read dvd files properly so no unlike the wii’s internal dvd drive which wiimc treats much differently, an external dvd drive will not play a dvd like the internal drive.
    this limitation is due to the fact that the wiimc team had not concidered the idea of usb dvd drives yet.
    be patient and make a request for usb dvd drive support for dvd playback.
    the biggest positive of a usb dvd drive is dvd+r support ^.^ but im sure its far more complicated than i would like to believe.

hmm usb blu-ray….. i wonder if that could even work…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password