SMB share, only last dir displayed problem

Home Forums Help and Support SMB share, only last dir displayed problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    roadster3043
    Participant

Hi,

Since around the time I upgtraded to v1.1.3, I have had issues with my SMB share folder. The folder is located on a Windows 7 (32 bit) machine and can be accessed from other devices on the network with no issues. WiiMC opens the SMB folder, but only displays the last folder in the list. Opening this folder return me to the root directory.

Reverting back to v1.1.2 did not fix my issue. If I rename the folder names, I can see whatever one is last in the list, but none others. If I place a file in the root SMB share directory, I can play it.

Any ideas on what I should be looking at to fix this problem?
    Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Having the same problem. Started last night – 2/26. I updated to 1.1.3 a couple of days after the release. Had no problems, changed no settings, then smb just stopped showing files and directories.

I tried reinstalling and going back to 1.1.2. No luck.

Running Windows 7 64bit on the hosting PC with a Linksys WRT54G running dd-wrt. PC is wired Ethernet, wii is wi-fi about 20 feet from the router.

I fell back to ftp for the time being.

Surreal
    Participant

I’ve the same problem too.
    I updated to 1.1.3 and when i reboot my wii it doesn’t list correctly the smb shared folder, only the last and if I choose it, i returns back.

Shared folder on win7 x64 that can be accessed from other computers without problems. And I’ve give it all security perms trying to solve the issue.

What does the last update concretly? Could any admin or developer tell us, and then we could try to find a solution…
    Thanks

duffmmann
    Participant

Im experiencing the same problem with all my SMB shares, even some files in my root directory arent showing up.

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) i havent tried my samba server running on my Arch Linux PC yet but will when i get home

This didnt happen until about a day after i updated to the new service pack, does anyone know if the problem is windows or a bug in wiimc?

Anonymous
    Inactive

No service pack installed for me.

roadster3043
    Participant

Ratat0skr:
    I’ve only just now got a message to download SP1, which I’ve started to do. The share works fine with XBMC on a Xbox console, as well as other computers on the network.

I also tried rolling back using the ‘update’ to version 1.1.1. Unfortunately this did not resolve the issue, which is making me think that it’s not WiiMC related but perhaps a IOS or Wii issue? My wii is a PAL version 4.2E

U1tra

duffmmann
    Participant

My share seems to work with my Old xbox in the livingroom

i still havent tried my samba server on wiimc ive been busy, is anyone having trouble with shares from a linux

my router seems to be working fine aswell so i dont think the problem is there its a linksys wrt450n v1.1 running DDWRT

After i check how WiiMC reacts tword samba i think im going to delete the wiimc folder and re add it with whatever the newest channel installer is to see if that helps

@u1tra your right i am starting to doubt about wiimc being the problem i just would like to find out why it started after a couple days with no warning the only thing thats coming to mind is a windows update seeing as how they’ve caused me problems before.

will let you know if i find a solution

Surreal
    Participant

I discard SP1 because I install it at 23/02 and 24/02 I’ve used WiiMC without problems, the same day 24/02 WiiMC updated from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 it reboot and runs normally, but when I shutdown the wii and the following day 25/02 started Wii MC it goes wrong.

The only thing I’ve done in 24/02 on my PC is updated Avast to v6.0 but if it was the antivirus, other PC’s doesn’t see shared folders or not?

In any case, I disabled Avast for a few moments to try WiiMC and it goes wrong too.
    I’ve discarted all the options except v1.1.3 update….

duffmmann
    Participant

Well what antivirus is everyone else using? i just happen to use avast and recently updated it aswell perhaps there could be some interference even when diabled

Surreal
    Participant

I stopped avast service that could be suficient to disable avast functionallity but the problems persists…

Really I think that v1.1.3 has anything else related with this feature “Improved network initialization routines” wrong that affects sometimes to some users like us.

It’s the only reasonable explanation

Surreal
    Participant

I would like to say that I try MPlayer and I have the same issue with smb folders… 😛

rodries
    Keymaster

Have you tried older versions? In what version did it break? If it’s not working in other versions either, I don’t see how it could be a WiiMC issue.

Surreal
    Participant

All of us tried to revert to v1.1.2 or in my case v1.1.1 too, these versions are functional but the version 1.1.3 do it something that even reverting to older version, the older version doesn’t work well too

But when we have the v1.1.2 or olders it works correctly. It seems like v1.1.3 crashed something when it updates.

rodries
    Keymaster

Right now: If your Wii is powered off, and you power it on, go to Homebrew Channel, and load 1.1.2, does everything work fine?

duffmmann
    Participant

while turning off avast didnt work Uninstalling it completly and then restarting made my smb share work perfectly again

if were all using avast that solves the problem, time to switch to a new AV

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘SMB share, only last dir displayed problem’ is closed to new replies.

Login

Lost Password